Henna is one of the most ecologically friendly and ancient beauty products found on our planet.
Did you know? The use of henna in beauty has been recorded as far back as ancient Egyptian times when Cleopatra used it to cover herself in Henna tattoos to adore her own body. It is no coincidence that it is still widely used in beauty today.
Henna Brows are quickly becoming one of the hottest trends in brow beauty, so what are the benefits of using Henna for brow treatments?
- Henna is found in nature and does not require an oxidising agent to penetrate the cortex and deposit colour into the hairs, which makes henna a much safer product to use for the brow hair.
- Henna will stain the hair and skin for longer making brows look full. This is why henna is sometimes referred to as "henna tattoo".
- On average brow henna takes up to 35 minutes to perform in a salon environment and results last up to 2 weeks on skin and up to 8 weeks on hair.
Here Kintija Belska, International Brow Expert and Co-Founder of Everlasting Atelier shares her Expert Tips on how to perform the perfect Brow Henna treatment with Elleebana Brow Henna.
There are 3 key ingredients to producing expert eyebrow henna results:
- Skin prep is a vital first step when performing a Brow Henna treatment. It is important that artists perform the skin preparation properly and use the correct products in order to achieve the best results for their clients. The Elleebana range has a lovely brow shampoo suitable for most skin types and will prepare the skin and hairs effectively. However, some problematic clients are those with oily skin or large pores. For these clients, you would additionally wipe the eyebrow area over with isopropyl alcohol wipes, which will slightly dehydrate the skin and allow the skin to absorb the henna pigment.
- Preparing the henna mixture is just as important as preparing your dough for baking. If your mixture is too thin, it will leave a very light or non-existent stain. If your mixture is too thick, it will not release henna dye into the skin. At Elleebana, we always refer to the right mixture consistency as ketchup! Typically, a scoop of Elleebana henna powder with the provided spoon requires seven drops of Elleebana henna activator. Also, very important! Henna needs time to begin releasing its dye; therefore, you must leave henna for up to 2 minutes post mixing, before applying it to the skin. You can prepare your mixture and then prepare the eyebrows and skin for the service, whilst the blend is resting.
- Your application also plays a role; ensure you get it right in between the hairs and fully cover the area. For best results, allow it to dry for 5 minutes and then apply another layer for the most intense effects.
Perform the perfect Brow Henna with the Elleebana Brow Henna Kit!
This complete colour kit contains the full line of Henna Brow that Elleebana has to offer including:
- 5 Henna Colours (one of each in the range) enough for 500 treatments
- Henna Activator 55ml
- Brow Shampoo 55ml
- Mixing Tool (batteries are not included)
- Application Brush
- White Pencil
- 30ml Belma Remove
- Sponge Aplicators x 50
- Dappen dish
- After care leaflets x 10
- Henna hearts stencils
Best of luck! Share your work and tag @elleebanaeurope on instagram for us to see how you get on!
Article by Faye Hone